Assistance Dogs International Conference 2016
The 24th Assistance Dogs International (ADI) Conference is being held in Prague, Czech Republic, from 15th – 17th May 2016. The conference is open to ADI Accredited Members, ADI Candidates, AAII members, and invited guests of an ADI Accredited Member.
The first conference session on the afternoon of 15th May will be a joint meeting with Animal Assisted Intervention International (AAII) which is holding its conference on 14th and 15th May in Prague.
The conference will take place at the Hotel Pyramida which is close to the historic centre of Prague. The city of Prague was voted #5 in the 2015 Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice World Destination Awards.
The overall theme for the conference will be summarised by its title ‘Making our Voice Heard Across the World’. The assistance dog world is growing fast with many new exciting innovations. However, we need to do more to ensure clients across the world have the access rights they need to get the maximum benefits from having an assistance dogs. The conference will include a Members debate about what ADI can do to increase its profile and a panel discussion about access rights across the world.
Other sessions planned include:
- Presentations covering Dog welfare and canine communications (Prof. Daniel Mills)
- Presentations covering Brainwork for Dogs and Tellington Touch (Miriam Bekkers)
- Using toys in environmental enrichment
- Measuring outcomes
- The latest dog welfare research
- Working with people with dementia
- Developing client skills
- Working with people with PTSD
- Designing great assistance dog centres
- Introducing technology into training processes
- Developing communications skills for staff
- Building fundraising and using social media effectively
- Creating and motivating great board and staff teams
For more information please contact Suzi Hall, ADI Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Don’t miss this opportunity to come to a great conference in one of the worlds greatest cities.
Read about the 2014 Conference in the Latest News section.
The 12th ADEu Conference will be held in 2016 in Prague, Czech Republic, in conjunction with the ADI International Conference.
Trainer’s Conference 2015
America’s VetDogs and The Guide Dog Foundation hosted the ADI Trainers’ Conference in September 2015.
Read about the 2015 Conference in the Latest News section.
ADI NA Conference
ADINA is not planning to hold a conference in 2015.