ADEu is dedicated to supporting the work of assistance dog programmes across Europe. Assistance Dogs Europe, ADEu is a chapter of Assistance Dogs International (ADI). In the past ADEu encompassed the work of Animal Assistance Intervention. A new unbrella for AAI will be launched very soon. Watch this space for further information. If you are considering setting up an assistance dog programme, or your organisation would like to join ADEu, then contact our secretariat who will be able to help you. If you think you can help us in any other way, please do let us know.
President of Assistance Dogs Europe
ADEu’s first initiatives started in 2000 after a group of assistance dog programmes met in the Netherlands. ADEu joined with ADI in 2007 and is now the European Chapter of ADI. Click here for more information.
- Danny Vancoppernolle, DYADIS, Belgium, President
- Martin Zwart, Bulters en Mekke, the Netherlands, Vice-President
- Anki Celander, Svenska Service och Signalhundsförbundet, Sweden, Secretary
- Peter Gorbing, Dogs for the Disabled, UK, Treasurer
- Teo Mariscal, Fundación Bocalán del Perro de Ayuda Social, Spain